2009 IIHF Men's World Hockey Championship Bern, Switzerland
March 3 - 11, 2009
Springtime in Switzerland to cheer on Team Canada, does it get any better? Ok, maybe free beer would make it better but I’m sorry we can’t do that…
Join us in Switzerland for the 2009 IIHF World Hockey Championship. This is the premier hockey event of the year in Europe which is why it is already pretty much sold-out.
We are staying in the beautiful city of Basel, Switzerland which is located on the border of France and Germany where we’ll have access to three European countries for the price of one. Enjoy a day in Basel, hop over to France the next day and Germany the day after that. Then you can do it all over again. Our deluxe hotel is located directly across from the Basel train station which works out great as train fare (valid 12 hours before and after games) is included with our game tickets. Taking the train between Basel and Bern (where all of the finals are being played) will be the perfect relaxing way to see the countryside.
All passengers will fly to Toronto from their prospective gateways to meet our direct flight from Toronto to Zurich. For those of you that have travelled with us to the World Juniors, you know what an amazing experience it is. But this event differs in a number of ways.
- Did I mention its springtime? Europe is even more beautiful in the spring with warmer temperatures, flowers beginning to bloom and NO SNOW! Perfect weather for exploring between hocky games.
- Many more fans from all participating countries attend to support their teams where, aside from growing Canadian support, World Junior fans are primarily from the host country.
- Most players are from their prospective professional leagues (including the NHL) so if you enjoy the level of World Junior hockey, you’ll love the explosive level of hockey at the World Championship!
DAY 1: Sunday May 3, 2009
Today hockey fans will depart from their home airports to Toronto where we will board our direct overnight flight to Zurich, Switzerland.
DAY 2: Monday May 4, 2009
We arrive in Zurich and transfer to our hotel in Basel located on the borders of France and Germany.
DAY 3: Tuesday May 5, 2009
After breakfast enjoy an included historical walking tour of Basel. Tonight you are invited to an informal Welcome Reception, an opportunity to get to know your fellow hockey fans.
DAY 4: Wednesday May 6, 2009
After breakfast we will make our way to the Basel Train Station (located directly across the road from our hotel) and hop the train for Bern to watch Quarter Final games 1&2. Quarter Final #1 @ 4:15pm AND Quarter Final #2 @ 8:15pm
DAY 5: Thursday May 7, 2009
After breakfast hop the train again at your leisure to watch the last 2 quarter Final games in Bern. Quarter Final #3 @ 4:15pm AND Quarter Final #4 @ 8:15pm
DAY 6: Friday May 8, 2009
Breakfast then back to Bern for the Semi Final games Semi Final #1 @ 4:15pm AND Semi Final #2 @ 8:15pm
DAY 7: Saturday May 9, 2008
Breakfast but no games today. Free day to explore or take an optional tour (TBA)
DAY 8: Sunday May 10, 2009
One last breakfast together as a group before heading out to watch the finals. Bronze Medal @ 4:00pm AND Gold Medal @ 8:00pm
DAY 9: Monday May 11, 2009
Box breakfasts will be provided this morning as we board our private transfer to Zurich Airport for our flight home to the Motherland (and Tim Hortons!).
- Return airfare from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto to Zurich, Switzerland
- 7 Nights deluxe hotel accommodations in Basel with breakfast daily
- Category 2 playoff round ticket package (incl. 4xQF, 2xSF, Bronze, Gold)
- Private airport transfers
- Rail transportation to/from included games in Bern
- Welcome reception
- Walking city tour of Basel
- Custom tournament apparel item
- Services of an onsite Destiny group leader
- Prices quoted per person in Canadian funds and include all taxes.
- $1,500 non-refundable deposit per person required at time of booking.
|Toronto||$4,4475/ person||$4,320/ person||$5,050/ person|
|Calgary||$4,825/ person||$4,670/ person||$5,400/ person|
|Vancouver||$4,825/ person||$4,670/ person||$5,400/ person|
|Land Only (no air)||$3,375/ person||$3,220/ person||$3,950/ person|