The Czech Republic, in Central Europe is a country that's known for its ornate castles, native beers and long history. Ostrava and Trinec are located in the Moravian-Silesian Region in the east of the country close to the border with Poland and Slovakia.
The 2020 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship in the Czech Republic will mark 20 years for Rita and I hosting groups of fans from all over Canada at the most intense and exciting hockey event on the planet. Our young elite hockey players entering their prime, chosen to represent their country sets the stage. When our boys hit the ice the energy from the sea of red in the stands turns up the volume to the point where it just doesn’t get anymore patriotic than this. But wait… surely this must be somewhere in Canada. Not this time… this all happens in Europe!
Other travel companies have tried to copy us over the past few years which is to be expected, but we were the first - starting this program from scratch in cooperation with Hockey Canada before it was a thing. We worked very hard in the early years listening to what people wanted, slowly building up a following yet thinking that this would just be one-shot bucket-list trip for most. But a funny thing happened on the way to the forum. As more people joined us for their first time, they kept coming back - bringing more people with them. Now most are like our extended family.
Over the past 20 years we’ve supported our National Junior Team numerous times in Sweden, Russia, Czech Republic, Finland, USA and of course here at home. We have cheered them to victory and cried with them through heartbreaking defeats (even though there is officially no crying in hockey). Regardless of the outcome, we are proud of how well our boys represent us and we will always be there for them.
For 2020 we will follow a similar formula as in past years by offering the following departures:
- Two different Pre-tournament departures (Christmas markets, sightseeing tours, etc.)
- A Just-In-Time departure (allowing you to be there for the first Team Canada game).
- An After Christmas departure (for those who need to be at home for Christmas). With this departure you will miss the first Team Canada game.
For those who have never joined us before, our World Junior program will include the following:
- Return airfare from your closest major gateway airport (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal) to Europe.
- We can usually offer add-on flights from your local airport to one of the above gateways.
- We also offer a Land-Only option where you can book your own flight.
- A choice of deluxe hotel accommodations (based on availability) with hot breakfast included daily.
- Premium game tickets with our group including:
- 4 preliminary round Team Canada games plus second game of the day.
- Those departing Dec 26th will miss the first day of games.
- 2 Quarter Final games where Team Canada plays.
- Both Semi Final games.
- Bronze and Gold Medal games.
- Private motor-coach transfers between airport and hotels, hotels and games, and private tours.
- Services of one Destiny Group Leader per bus.
- Welcome Reception.
- Access to private bar/lounge at the arena for Destiny Tours guests only.
- Awesome New Year’s Eve Celebration with live entertainment from Canada.
- Commemorative 20th Anniversary World Junior jacket with officially licensed event logo.
- Optional tours during tournament days off.
- Farewell Reception.
If you think this is something you would like to experience, you can pre-book now risk free with a $100/per person refundable deposit. Once pre-booked the process works like this:
- We will provide you will the latest updates via email.
- In March of 2019 we will send you our detailed package offerings with pricing.
- When we get to your position in the pre-booking queue we will contact you and provide the package options that are available at that time.
- You will have approx. 48 hours to make your decision.
- If you choose to join us in the Czech Republic:
- You will be asked to provide an additional non-refundable deposit.
- (all funds paid from this point will be non-refundable)
- You can now tell your family, friends and neighbors that you are going to the Czech Republic to watch Team Canada!
- If you decide not to join us your $100/per person pre-booking deposit will be refunded.