2015 World Junior Hockey Cruise Lauderdale, Florida to Bahamas
January 3-8, 2015 (5 Nights/6 Days)
We have taken you to experience the World Juniors in Sweden (x3), Russia (x2), Czech Republic (x2), Finland, USA (x2) as well as Canada. So we thought it was time for something a little different.Let's leave the cold and snow behind for a change. Pack your Speedos and Team Canada gear and join us in Ft. Lauderdale for our inaugural World Junior Caribbean Hockey Cruise (another Destiny first). We'll watch both Semi Final games, Bronze and Gold medal games onboard the Caribbean Princess live via satellite as we cruise the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea. How cool is that?
Day 1: Satuday Jan 3. 2015
We board the newly renovated Caribbean Princess (recently returned to service after a $14 Million renovation) and set sail for the Bahamas. Is it really better In the Bahamas? Well we’re going to find out. Tonight our group will have a chance to get reacquainted and also welcome those joining us for the first time during our private welcome cocktail party.
Day 2: Sunday Jan 4. 2015
This morning (8:00 am) we dock in Nassau, Bahamas for a day of shopping, adventure and frolic on the beach (and I almost never use the word frolic). Speedos? Wear’em if you got’em!
We’ll have to make sure though to be back onboard by mid-afternoon to get ready for some hockey. It’s time to put on our Team Canada paraphernalia and head to our private viewing area onboard the ship. The ship’s systems will then establish a special satellite link and shortly thereafter, our large TV screen will come to life with TSN’s World Junior Semi Final Game #1 live from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. After the game we’ll have time for a quick trip to the buffet before we do it all over again for Semi Final Game #2.
Day 3: Monday Jan 5. 2015
Today we get to enjoy a relaxing day at sea with cold beverages, great food, swimming pools and movie stars (ok, not sure about the movie stars). This afternoon you know the drill. We make our way to our private viewing area to watch the Bronze Medal game live from Toronto. Then this evening, if the hockey Gods have smiled upon us, this time we’ll be watching Team Canada play for gold while we cruise the Caribbean. Does it get any better? Did I mention we're cruising the Caribbean?
Day 4: Tuesday Jan 6. 2015
This morning (8:00 am) we arrive at Princess Cruise Line’s private island, Princess Cays in the Bahamas. Tender boats will be available to shuttle you to shore and a full day of shopping and optional activities (kayaking, banana boating, paddle boating, water skiing, snorkeling, parasailing, sail boating, wave running, etc) or just laying on the beach with a cold beverage. The day is yours but make sure you are back onboard by 5:00 pm or it will be a long swim back to the mainland.
Day 5: Wednesday Jan 7. 2015
One last relaxing day at sea so let's make the most of it. Now that you know the ship you’ll be able to take advantage of the onboard amenities that you may have missed during our first day at sea. Tonight our group will get together one last time for dinner as we begin to set our sights on next year’s World Junior adventure in Finland.
Day 6: Thursday Jan 8. 2015
This morning it’s time to pack the Speedos (sob), say our goodbyes and head back to The Great White North with memories of another amazing World Junior experience.
- 6 Day/5 Night Cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess.
- All meals and entertainment included.
- Destiny welcome cocktail party with complimentary alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
- Admission to our Destiny private viewing area onboard the ship to watch:
- Both Semi Final games (Jan 4).
- Bronze and Gold Medal games (Jan 5).
- Custom apparel item.
- Destiny farewell cocktail party with complimentary alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
- Services of Destiny Tours staff onboard (but John does not do laundry)
What's Not Included
- Flight to Ft. Lauderdale (please contact if you require flight pricing).
- Travel Insurance (please contact us for pricing).
- Transfers between airport and ship (we can book this for you for $41.80 per person roundtrip).
For pricing please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Pricing is per person in Canadian dollars.
- Add additional taxes, fee and port expenses of $93.50 per person to above pricing.
- 3rd and 4th passengers in a cabin are limited and based on availability. Please contact us for details and pricing.
- 20% deposit required to book (refundable until .
- Balance due October 27, 2014.